SenorTuna.com

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Jefe' de SenorTuna

Front Page Fish Report ST 3.5 day trip

October 24-28,'12 – Pacific Star – Seaforth Landing – 3.5 day - off shore or best fishing

I didn’t take any pictures so this is all BS until Dennis Yoshii (Forktail) or anyone else ponies up some pictures.

Mike Bullard asked that we move up our departure time to 6pm, instead of 9pm, so we had out tailgate party on the boat.

The weather on Wednesday was breezy but bright and sunny for our trip. I picked up Esvin (Screaming Spool) at noon and off we went south to San Diego. Along the way down the coast we saw calm seas.

We got to Seaforth Landing early (2pm) and found Mike and crew preparing for the trip.

Esvin and I were allowed to unload our gear and that gave us the opportunity to go to “Phil’s BBQ” for lunch. We both had beef ribs and they tasted like candy!! We still had time so we went to “Old Town” San Diego and picked up 4 dozen fresh handmade tortilla’s. Then one more stop at Ralph’s Market to get a 3# drum of chocolate ice cream.

We had the “Usual Suspects” aboard and there were 4 cases of Pacifico beer’s stacked next to the full ice chest of beers, cocktails, and fine wine (Boones Farm Strawberry Hill).

Tsuriya, McFish’n, Forktail, Fletch, Offshore Gary, Jigsterstrike and others were on the bow “panic” drinking the Pacificos.

Anyway, we had a mix of folks aboard, Kevin Schick who flew in from South Carolina and Greg Gold who drove in from Arizona. Greg was the last to arrive and we left the dock at approximately 6:30pm.

We headed to the bait receivers and loaded 100 scoops of the biggest sardines I have seen all season. Some of the dine’s were almost a foot long and they were cured for 2 weeks. As we left the harbor and headed south we had a nice following sea.

Mike met with us in the galley and gave us the low down on the weather….. it didn’t look good for Thursday but Friday and Saturday were OK. We were headed for a zone 120 miles south.

Day 1 we woke up to high winds and swells. Even with the deteriorating weather conditions we caught some yellowfin tuna, dorado and yellowtail. Big fish of the day was a tuna caught by Dennis Yoshii. It got so rough later in the day that we headed for shore and protection behind Punta Colnett. We had a wonderful turkey dinner with dressing and after a rough day everyone pretty well crashed.

Day 2 we woke up to much calmer seas and a declining wind. We put out our troller’s and it was a pick all day. The kelp paddies and fish were scattered by the previous day’s high winds. We didn’t find a school of fish but at day’s end we added to our yft, dodo and yellowtail count. Big fish was caught by Jigsterstrike Ron Vago with a huge dodo. For dinner Tommy cooked us up a wonderful Pork loin dinner. He also prepared us an afternoon snack of yft shashimi, tuna rolls, ginger and rice.

Day 3 was beautiful – actually it was hot!!! Calm seas allowed us to find paddies but very few held fish. Again it was a pick all day. Big fish was a yellowfin tuna caught by Roman Ruiz from Bakersfield. That night we had another wonderful dinner of tri-tip with a wine reduction sauce. We topped off the meal with chocolate cookie squares and chocolate ice cream (I gained 5 pounds on this trip).

Tommy really out did himself, each meal was special, professionally presented on the plate and tasted like we were in a fine dining establishment.

Our total fish count was 75 yellowfin, 125 yellows and 21 dorado. Everyone got a tuna.

We had a great time on the trip and there were lots of laughs while we watched some movies brought by Patrick Duffy. He brought the original unedited version of “Toxic Avenger” and “Zombie Strippers” starring Jenna Jamison, needless to say these were 2 thumbs up movies.

We also saw the killer bunnies “Night of the Lepus” and one of my favorites “Black Sheep” with sheep who end up killing lots of folks.

And finally, we did our annual viewing of “Team America” !!!!!

All that entertainment along with our afternoon cocktails and cigar sessions made for another memorable SenorTuna trip.

Remember, this is all BS until Dennis Yoshii or others submit some pictures………

tb

Fishing teaches patience, "catching" comes from learning patience....!
quote: Tunabelly

Last edited by tunabelly; 11-02-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Yep....Definite BS.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

- Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 11-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Jefe' de SenorTuna

Hi Ricky-Ray............

Sent you some pictures I received from Dennis Yoshii that I need you to resize them so I can upload to ST picture file.

Then the post won't be BS......... or maybe it still will be..........

tb

Old 11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Talkative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabelly View Post
Hi Ricky-Ray............

Sent you some pictures I received from Dennis Yoshii that I need you to resize them so I can upload to ST picture file.

Then the post won't be BS......... or maybe it still will be..........

tb

If you see a pic of me "bendo", then BS may called. With prejudice! I sucked at catching...Pacificos were cold, Sailor was smooth and Boones Farm made an appearance. All was good.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Little King of Everything

Sounds like you all had a great time under trying conditions.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Jefe' de SenorTuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswell View Post
Sounds like you all had a great time under trying conditions.

Bos,

Are you talking about the movies.................. ????????

tb

Old 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Just Getting Started

Transformers???? Seriously, an actual movie that was in theaters????

Chris
Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Little King of Everything

George, I have a list of movies to bring the next time I'm on (along with the corned beef and rugallach, of course).
Old 11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Jefe' de SenorTuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_letch View Post
Transformers???? Seriously, an actual movie that was in theaters????

Chris

Yep, on the 2nd night one of the newbies (while we were enjoying our early evening cocktails and cigars on the deck) took the unmitigated liberty to put the horrible transformers movie on during dinner !!!!

I was forced to drown myself in my stash of a 1/2 gallon Margarita bottle................ I don't think it ever finished.... what was that, a 4 hour movie...????

tb

Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Administrator

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

- Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University