SenorTuna.com

Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SenorTuna.com > Buy - Sell - Trade - Barter - Board
Home Page Forums Image Gallery

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Just Getting Started

Default Tiburon SST reels, sale or trade, low gears!

I currently have 2 each of the Tiburon SST model reels in size 16, 20 and 30. All are the American made models, all have upgraded larger Tib handles, and all have FACTORY INSTALLED LOW GEARS. All are full of Jerry Brown hollow spectra. All have had minimal use. All have orig boxes and papers etc.

I would like to sell one of each size leaving me with one of each size. Or, I'd like to trade one of each size for a smaller SST reel size 7540, SST6 or SST8 in similar condition. Sale price is $450 with spectra for each.

For those unfamiliar with the low gears in these reels, at the request of many owners who wanted a lower gear instead of the normal 1.9:1 gear for grinding in large tuna, the factory had a special run of 100 gears made several yrs ago which quickly sold out at a cost of $150 for the gear exchange. The new low gear is 1:1 while leaving the high gear the same at 4.7:1. biggest fish I've caught to date was on one of the size 20 reels and I cranked in a 90# bft effortlessly on the Excel several yrs ago. One of my sons used to go with me on summer trips which is why I bought two of each size. He no longer has a need for them nor do I. If they don't move, they'll go to ebay next. PM me with any questions or call.
No pics, you'd want to inspect them anyways, they are in mint condition. I'm in San Diego and would prefer to stay local with this but its possible to ship them should suitable arrangements be negotiated. thx Jim
Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
"Stand up for your right!"

Pretty tempting offer there, bud, they should go fast!

Hana Pa'a!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.AkuHed View Post
Pretty tempting offer there, bud, they should go fast!
You're right, all six are spoken for, I'll advise those that inquired if any sales fall through, thx Jim
Old 09-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Just Getting Started

All reels have been sold, thx
Old 09-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

I knew you would get rid of those reels, You had a bunch of them, I'm poor now but I was fishing with you and I Knew that when you were going to lighten your inventory , it would be the on ly way I would get a Tib. I just can't buy them even at that low price, Jim you are a great guy and that is a once in a lifetime chance, wish that I could swing it.