SenorTuna.com

Notices

Old 06-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Talkative

Default Fin-Nor parts....

Hi Guys, a little help please, I am trying to find a source for parts for my Fin-Nor Ahab 20 Spinning Reels, and no-one here in NZ has any idea of who or where to source these.
I am guessing I'll need a pretty full kit of parts, bail arms, roller bearings, anti-reverse units, even gears and shafts probably, as they have been absolutely thrashing in the solomon islands for a few years now.

Anyone got any ideas? Last I heard, the CapeFear rod Company had these reels, but now, I don't know, emails are not readily answered at least.
Cheers all,
Stu.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Very Talkative

try-www.meltontackle.com
or call them at 1-800-372-3474

Old 06-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Talkative

Guess I shoulda googled it, but now I have found that Zebco have bought in-nor, and will be moving production to China (fine by me, should make 'em a little cheaper I think)...at least that is what I was told here by the NZ Zebco agent.
Thanks,
Stu.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
So Many Reels, So Little Time

I was just about to say that Zebco bought them old friend. You may be able to get the Fin Nor cheaper in NZ when the production ramps up.

Good luck on your parts hunt!

Tom
Old 06-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Strong, Silent Type

C'mere for a minute... this oughta sum it up... And by the way, not necessarily all reels will be made in China. FWIW, several of the former Fin-Nor reels were Asian anyway.

W.C. Bradley/Zebco Holdings has recently completed the purchase of Fin-Nor, and it is our goal to provide you with the very best customer service possible. However, not all products previously manufactured under the name Fin-Nor will continue to be supported from either a new build or service stand point.
Items no longer supported are:
PRIMEO: 1000,2000,3000,4000
ESTIMA: ES50UL, ES100 - ES600
FIN-ITE: F201 - F304
FIN-NOR LITE: S50UL, S100 - S600
QUESTLITE: QL1000 - QL4000
QUESTLITE GOLD: QLG1000 - QLG4000
INSHORE: ISX2000 - ISX6000
STEEL RIVER: SR1000 - SR4000
TYCOON: TYS7-1 through TYS7-4, TYS5-100 through TYS5-400
The following products will be supported from a service standpoint. Service support on each of these items presents differing opportunities by model, thus we have developed item-specific service programs for each model in this list. Please contact us at the toll-free number below to learn more about the service program that is unique to your Fin-nor product.
Support programs are available on these products:
AHAB: 8A, 12A, 16A, 20A, LD12 - LD80-2
FIN-ITE/FIN-ITE II: 23CL - 1012
MEGA LITE: ML1000 - ML4000
BIG GAME TROLLING: 120FNSP, 120FNSTD, 120FTRI, 25FNA - 90FNA, 50FLN, 60WFNA, 75FNA
You are important to us as both a past and future Fin-nor consumer. Please do not hesitate to call Fin-Nor Customer Service with any questions you may have, our contact information is listed below.
When returning your Fin-Nor product, the following information is required to process the service:
1. Provide your Name and Address, telephone, fax number or e-mail address.
2. Properly package the product so there is no further damage during shipping.
3. Insure the package and send it pre-paid to the Fin-Nor Repair Department.
(No COD shipments will be accepted)
4. To expedite the repair, give a credit card number in your description letter.
5. Check or money order is also acceptable.
6. Any charges incurred will include freight charges.
All packages should be shipped to our facility:
Fin-Nor Repair Department
6505 Tower Lane
Claremore, OK 74019-4429
NOTE: Repairs will be returned via UPS, unless other arrangements are made prior to shipment. We will not ship to a P.O. Box, please provide a UPS delivery address (street address).
Any repairs not paid for will be disposed of after 30 days from the date listed on the notification letter.
Fin-Nor Customer Service can be reached via:
E-Mail: contact.finnor@finnorfishing.com
Phone: 1-800-588-9030
Old 06-30-2006, 03:43 AM
Talkative

Uh-huh, that was the web page I found, so i phoned the zebco agent here in NZ to see what the story was, it was he who told me things were moving to china.
He is hopefully going to get an exploded diagram of my Ahab 20A's, so the reel repair bloke can see just what parts have died in my reels and replace them. Here is hoping that the customer support folks do that!
....oh, and when I found this page, 2 days ago, I sent an immediate email off to the listed customer support addy, and as of now, have yet to hear back from them. Hmmmm.... pretty typical of "customer support" from many companies. Glad to see they are keeping the Fin-Nor tradition of appalling service alive and well! :-)

cheers, Stu.
(oh dear, did that sound mean? Given the recent track record of trying to get parts for these reels from the company, it is well founded, I assure you!)