SenorTuna.com

Notices

Old 12-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Who Farted?

Default Senor Tuna 2018 Charter schedule

Attention Senor Tuna members Charter Updates

Just got notification that the Pacific Star has new owners. I just got off the phone with Nicole the new owner and the trips are a go!
the boat will be running as the Poseidon with Captain Hunter at the helm. I'll keep you all updated as things move along. Now lets go get some BFT!

I should say that after fishing with Mike and Chris for a nod over 12 years, I'll miss them.

Its official, we have some Senor Tuna trips for 2018!!!

So far I have received a lot of comments and requests, all great stuff. I'm working at massaging them all in, if not on these two trips in future ones. This charter master thing is new to me so please bear with me while I get my bearings down, feel free to post, IM or email me any ideas, comments or general suggestions to make these trips great.

SenorTuna 2018 Charter Schedule

The 2018 SenorTuna charter schedule will consist of two 2.5 day pelagic and tuna trips, both out of Seaforth Landing

PLEASE NOTE: Fuel surcharges remain a variable and are not included in the charter pricing. Also, the pricing does not include the cost for Mexican fishing permits and/or Tourist Visas. They are available for purchase on the boat, or at the landing.

before booking your charter reservation, please review the 2018 SenorTuna Charter Policy by clicking on this link: http://www.senortuna.com/main/showthread.php?t=37360

I hope to see you at the rail during one of these trips and thank you for your active participation in our SenorTuna charter offerings.

Well, I have bad news, I sort of saw it coming but was hoping people would jump in last minute and make this a go. Trip had to be cancelled for lack of enough passengers.

August 25-27 2018 – 2.5 day trip out of Seaforth Landing
Offshore tuna and pelagic.

Leave: Friday Aug 24 at 9:00pm
Return: Monday Aug 27 at 6:00am
Cost: $615. Trip, bunk and meals included.

01. Forktail Dennis Yoshii - #8 (If George decides to show then I'll take #7)
02. OffshoreGary Gary Edmonds - #14 - Paid in full
03. Davide - David - #10 - Pending
04. Jer Dog - Gerry Quesnel - #2 - Paid In full
05. Keith Ekblad - #4 - Paid In full

October 19-21 2018 – 2.5 day trip out of Seaforth Landing
Offshore tuna and pelagic.

Leave: Thursday Oct 18 at 9:00pm
Return: Sunday Oct 21 at 6:00am
Cost: $615. Trip, bunk and meals included.

01. Forktail - #8 (If George decides to show then I'll take #7)
02. OffshoreGary - #14 - Paid in Full
03. Raymundo Martinez - Deposit
04. Manuel Ortiz - Pending

Last edited by forktail; 08-22-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Fish slayer, when the boat runs!!

Well, somebody has to be first! - I'm jumping on both of these. ST rides again! Dennis - a check is heading your way. Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this - can't wait to head out again - Middle bunk, if possible, please!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Who Farted?

Done! your on the list.

BTW, your envelope freaked the hell out of me, I have a long history of lets just say disagreements with the DMV and when I saw "DMV Investigations" on the envelope addressed to me, well it got me going for a minute or two. I was hesitant to open it...

take a look at the pac-star bunk layout sticky on this forum, take your pick and let me know. other than #8 everything else is open.

Last edited by forktail; 01-09-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Dennis - I'm sorry I freaked you out! - I sent the envelope from work (but I used my own stamp!!) - I'm feeling guilty, but honestly, that just cracked me up!! - I looked at the bunk layout - I think #14 would suit me well, if it's open. Sorry again!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Who Farted?

no prob bud. and 14 it is.

See you at the rail.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:31 PM
If someone brings me a turkey baster...I can find more rum.

Dennis

Don't shoot me I am only the messenger. Have you spoken with Mike lately? The Pac Star is on the F&G agenda for today's meeting to pull the boat's charter license. Apparently he was busted fishing in the MPA. You might want to give him a call.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:32 PM

I just got that e mail - apparently he's suspended for 5 years unless I'm misreading it - here's a cut and paste of the e mail:

Commission Suspends License of Sportfishing Charter Boat Operator for Poaching in Southern California Marine Protected Areas

The California Fish and Game Commission (Commission) today ordered a five-year suspension of the license of Pacific Star Sportfishing, Inc., a recreational sportfishing vessel operator. The decision was made following oral arguments heard at the Commission meeting today in Sacramento.

In an undercover operation and subsequent boarding by officers in 2013, California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) wildlife officers observed 18 violations including poaching within California's marine protected area (MPA) network, exceeding the possession limits of several fish species, using illegal methods to take fish and failing to report accurate counts on logbooks. Based on these violations, CDFW filed an accusation with the Commission against Pacific Star requesting that the Commission suspend this commercial passenger fishing vessel license.

"Illegal take of our marine resources, especially in MPAs, undermines the tireless work of law enforcement, scientists, the public, and fishermen in California," said Commission President Eric Sklar. "The Commission took ample time to review the department's accusation and we hope this serves as a message that we do not take lightly these sorts of violations and will ensure those who are responsible receive the appropriate penalty."

The Commission's decision today follows a two-day hearing in 2017 conducted by an administrative law judge on behalf of the Commission with CDFW and Pacific Star both participating. The judge ultimately proposed that the Commission suspend the license for two years, with only the first 90 days of the suspension taking effect so long as Pacific Star complied with certain terms of probation. The Commission rejected that proposal as inadequate and gave CDFW and Pacific Star each 15 minutes today to argue their positions, resulting in today's suspension.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Just Getting Started

Yeah, just saw this too...

Chris
Old 02-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Who Farted?

oh shoot! that going to put a kink in our plans.

I'll give Chris a call after she has had some time to recover from the shock.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Little King of Everything

I read on another site that they plan to appeal the ruling. I doubt that this will affect the 2018 season at all.